Bold progress built on strong values
Réseau FADOQ is the largest seniors’ organization in Canada, with more than 550,000 members, 790 clubs, 16 regional groups and nearly 4,700 volunteer boards members. With a long and successful history that spans half a century, the network is just as vital as ever, especially given the aging population in Quebec.
To be part of the lives of people aged 50 and over by defending their rights, promoting their contribution to society and supporting them with a range of suitable services and activities.
To be the most representative organization of people aged 50 and over.
Cooperation ∴ Commitment ∴ Equity ∴ Inclusion ∴ Integrity ∴ Pleasure ∴ Respect ∴ Solidarity
Réseau FADOQ’s success story spans half a century.
Learn more about our history
FADOQ – Région des Laurentides
FADOQ – Région des Laurentides is a non-profit organization that strives to improve quality of life for people age 50 and over. It was incorporated on May 8, 1972 under Part III of the Companies Act. It is part of Réseau FADOQ and has over 38,000 members in 35 affiliated clubs between Rivière des Mille Îles and Mont-Laurier.
The mission of FADOQ – Région des Laurentides is to reduce loneliness among people age 50 and over, improve their quality of life, advocate for seniors’ rights, and promote active aging with physical, social, intellectual, leisure, and outdoor activities that help seniors stay independent as long as possible and get involved in their communities.
Goals and objectives
- Consolidate existing clubs in each community under the regional network and help create new clubs as needed
- Promote the organization and help clubs in the region operate effectively
- Facilitate service sharing between clubs and other seniors organizations in the Laurentians
- Provide technical assistance in promoting and developing activities aimed at maintaining physical, intellectual, and social balance
- Provide a voice for seniors in the region and advocate for their needs with public, local, regional, and provincial authorities
- Advocate for the rights of seniors in the Laurentians with regard to housing, health, the economy, and leisure
- Work with the regional table for seniors in the Laurentians, the seniors tables in the 8 RCMs, municipalities, the health system, and other organizations committed to promoting well-being for seniors