Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about our organization? You will surely find your answer in our FAQ.
With over 550,000 members, Réseau FADOQ is the largest seniors organization in Canada. It brings together and represents people aged 50 and over with the aim of improving and maintaining their quality of life.
Joining Réseau FADOQ means:
- Benefiting from nearly 1,000 discounts and privileges tailored to the tastes and needs of people aged 50+;
- Maintaining an active lifestyle, with a wide range of recreational, sports and cultural activities;
- Helping us better defend the collective rights of people aged 50 and over and participating in our cause: quality of life;
- Receiving Virage magazine 4 times a year;
- And much more!
You are eligible for membership as soon as you turn 50.
Exception: If your spouse is a member, you can join before you turn 50. Contact your regional branch for more information on becoming a member.
FADOQ – Région Abitibi-Témiscamingue
819 629-3113 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 2248 (ABIT) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Bas-Saint-Laurent
418 893-2111 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 2277 (BASS) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Région Centre-du-Québec
819 752-7876 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. (CENT) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Côte-Nord
418 589-7870 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. (COTE) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Région Estrie
819 566-7748 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 3787 (ESTR) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Gaspésie Îles-de-la-Madeleine
418 368-4715 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 4277 (GASP) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Région île de Montréal
514 271-1411 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 4533 (ILED) or 6668 (MONT) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Lanaudière
450 759-7422 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 5262 (LANA) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Région Laurentides
819 429-5858 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 5287 (LAUR) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Laval
450 686-2339 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 5282 (LAVA) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Région Mauricie
819 374-5774 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 6287 (MAUR) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Outaouais
819 777-5774 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 6882 (OUTA) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Régions de Québec et Chaudière-Appalaches
418 650-3552 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 7832 (QUEB) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Richelieu-Yamaska
450 774-8111 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 7424 (RICH) | firstname.lastname@example.org
FADOQ – Région Rive-Sud-Suroît
450 347-0910 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 7483 (RIVE) | email@example.com
FADOQ – Région Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean – Ungava
418 668-4795 | 1 800 828-3344 ext. 7248 (SAGU) | firstname.lastname@example.org
For many years, our organization was known as the Fédération de l’Âge d’Or du Québec. Now we are Réseau FADOQ.
MEMBERSHIP AND RENEWAL
Membership in the regional clubs costs $30 for 12 months or $50 for 24 months.
The cost of membership in a local club may vary.
- Online: Visit the membership and renewal page on our website
- Telephone: Contact your regional office at 1 800 828-3344
- Regular mail: Send the printed form to your regional office
- In person: Go to your club or regional office.
Yes. Your membership number will appear on the screen once the payment process is complete. You will also receive an email confirmation. Membership becomes active as soon as the transaction is approved.
For an application made online, by phone or in person, it takes 2 to 4 weeks. For a request sent by mail, the waiting period is 4 to 6 weeks.
No. The virtual membership card is only accessible through the FADOQ mobile application and is not printable. To get a physical card, opt for the plastic card that will be sent to you by mail.
I’M A MEMBER ALREADY
Just complete the form provided for this purpose. The change will be made for all correspondence sent by Réseau FADOQ, including Virage magazine.
- Call your regional office at 1-800-828-3344 to obtain the plastic card
- Download the mobile application to obtain the virtual card (available in French only).
If the new club is in the same region as your current club, check with your regional office at 1-800-828-3344.
If the club is in a different region than your current club, check with the Provincial Secretariat at 1-800-544-9058.
To be among the first to be informed of our news by email, just follow these two steps:
- Complete the newsletter subscription form.
- Confirm your subscription with the link that will be sent to you by email.
*Check your junk mailbox if you don’t receive the link.
All information about the mobile application, including download links, can be found at fadoq.ca/app. Most frequently asked questions are also answered here (available in French only).
- Geolocalized search for discounts
- Instantly renew your membership card
- An alert tells you when it’s time to renew
- Access to your virtual FADOQ card.
All FADOQ discounts are listed in the Discount section of the website, and on the FADOQ mobile application.
No. The membership card is individual and can only be used by its holder.
See the page Devenir partenaire du Réseau FADOQ [Become a partner of Réseau FADOQ] on our website.
Yes. The following conditions will apply:
- FADOQ members from other clubs should check with the club in question to see if there are still places available for the activity. Priority is given to members of the club organizing the activity when space is limited
- When a club organizes an activity and absorbs part of the cost for its own members, members from other clubs may be required to pay the amount of the activity, which is the amount disbursed by club members, plus the portion absorbed by the club, depending on the policies in effect.
The regional FADOQ Games encourage more than 15,000 competitors to get physically active every spring. Members who participate in the Regional Games also have the opportunity to participate in the Provincial Finals.
The provincial disciplines are 5K & 10K race, bean bag baseball, bean bag toss, darts, duckpin bowling, golf, pétanque, pétanque-atout, pickleball, pool, prediction walk, shuffleboard and ten-pin bowling.
Réseau FADOQ also offers the opportunity to reach a higher level of competition by participating in the Canada 55+ Games and the American Senior Games.
The mission of ZoneAVA.ca is to support you in being physically active as you get older [Accompagner dans un Vieillissement Actif]. This platform helps you maintain or improve your health (physical, mental, cognitive), social participation, safety, well-being and quality of life. It provides information, activities and resources carefully selected according to your needs, aspirations and interests. Available in French only.
The objective of ZoneVIVA.ca [Vivre – Inspirer – Valoriser – Agir] is to promote the practice of regular physical activities among the FADOQ members. This platform aims to support, encourage, improve and diversify the offer, and thus help people aged 50 and over to adopt an active lifestyle through the practice of activities they enjoy. Available in French only.
Yes. Here is a list of all the courses developed as part of the Ateliers FADOQ.CA:
- Android tablets and telephones
- Apple tablets and telephones – iPad and iPhone
- Introduction to social media – Facebook and Messenger
- Introduction to computers (Windows 10)
- Learning more about the Internet (including Windows 10)
- Mastering the Internet (including Windows 10)
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Learning more about Microsoft Excel
Availability varies from region to region. Register with your regional office.
Seniors Aware is a program that raises awareness about fraud, abuse and bullying of seniors through information sessions that combine professional expertise with the experience of a 50+ facilitator.
Its resource directory contains useful references for seniors who need help and for family members who accompany them.
In the Shoes of an Older Person is a program that raises awareness of the impacts of human aging and promotes well treatment of older adults. During the session, participants engage in simulation exercises on the reality of older adults and the constraints and challenges they may encounter from day to day.
PROTECTION OF COLLECTIVE RIGHTS
Réseau FADOQ’s demands have led to several important gains. Among the most recent:
- Creation and increase of the Senior Assistance Tax Credit
- Increase in the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Reduced contribution of many long-term care residents (CHSLD)
- Abolition of ancillary health costs
- Decompartmentalization of health care professions
- Free access to certain clinical procedures in pharmacies
Quality of Life
- Better protection for tenants in private seniors’ residences (PSRs)
- Increased funding for home care and support services
- Adoption of a Québec-wide policy on family caregivers
Our demands are grouped into five categories:
- Income and retirement
- Health and mistreatment
- Long-term care residences and housing
- Experienced workers
- Family caregivers
For more details, see FADOQ Positions.
AVENUES.CA AND VIRAGE MAGAZINE
An initiative of Réseau FADOQ, Avenues.ca is a Web magazine featuring reliable and timely information by specialized columnists, with a focus on trends. In addition, the “Rendez-vous Avenues.ca” are fun and informative evenings of culture, travel, tastings and inspiration.
Sent to all FADOQ members, Virage magazine is closely aligned to members’ interests. It includes interviews, files, recipes, and columns on health, personal finance, travel, etc. The digital version is available at viragemagazine.com/e-magazine.
Anglophone readers can get a 12-page insert including a selection of translated articles from each issue of the magazine.
To get the magazine with the English insert, they can:
- send a request to email@example.com ;
- call 1-800-544-9058 or ;
- read it online at viragemagazine.com/e-magazine
Virage is mailed out 4 times per year, in February, May, August and November.
Yes. Just contact the Provincial Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 800 544-9058. You can also complete this form to cancel one of the copies.
Complete this form or contact us at email@example.com. A special newsletter will be sent to you letting you know that the new issue of Virage is available online.
All FADOQ members have access to the archives of the digital Virage magazine at viragemagazine.com/e-magazine.
No. Simply notify Réseau FADOQ of your change of address using this form and the change will be made automatically for Virage.
If your search is still unsuccessful, contact us!