The Fonds philanthropique FADOQ is a simple and effective way to make a donation to our organization. Your contribution is essential and allows Réseau FADOQ to carry out its mission by ensuring the long-term continuity and development of the organization’s programs and activities.
You can contribute to the Fonds philanthropique FADOQ by making a planned gift in your will to make your philanthropic dream come true of leaving a lasting legacy for society, while taking into account your personal, family and tax situation.
Whatever the amount, planning a donation to Réseau FADOQ is an important gesture that you are making for future generations of seniors and the evolution of our ageing society in general.
How to make a planned gift ?
There are several types of planned gifts:
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts of publicly traded shares
- Cash gifts
Here’s how you can plan a donation to Réseau FADOQ in your will:
- Bequeath a specific amount or asset to Fonds philanthropique FADOQ (specific bequest)
- Bequeath to Fonds philanthropique FADOQ all or part of what is left after all debts and specific bequests are paid (residual bequest)
- Bequeath all assets—sometimes divided among several beneficiaries—to Fonds philanthropique FADOQ (universal bequest)
- Include a simultaneous death clause that provides for a bequest to Fonds philanthropique FADOQ if all beneficiaries die at the same time
- Designate Fonds philanthropique FADOQ as the secondary beneficiary in the event of the death of the first beneficiary
- Designate Fonds philanthropique FADOQ as a beneficiary of a retirement savings plan, pension fund, or life insurance policy.
2. Gifts of life insurance
There are four ways to make donations with life insurance policies:
- Transfer of a fully discharged insurance policy
- Transfer of an in-force life insurance policy for which the premium remains payable
- Gift of a new life insurance policy
- Gift of the proceeds of a life insurance policy
3. Gifts of publicly traded shares
Gifts of publicly traded shares can also be made in the deceased’s will, giving the donor advantageous tax treatment.
4. Cash gifts
A cash donation to Réseau FADOQ can be made over two periods, either annually or over several years.
Attractive tax benefits
Following death, all these types of bequests are eligible for tax receipts that can be used in declaring the deceased’s income. The tax benefits generated by willed donations can considerably reduce the taxes payable by the estate.
To learn about smart ways of supporting our cause, you can read our guide below (French only).
To plan a donation to the Fonds philanthropique FADOQ, don’t hesitate to contact us. It will be our pleasure to guide you and answer all your questions.
Jacinthe Roy, Deputy Executive Director of Réseau FADOQ
514 252-3017, ext 3531
1 800 828-3344, ext 3531