Following the adoption of Bill 10, the Quebec government has put its words into action by publishing a draft regulation aimed at limiting the use of personnel placement agencies and independent labour in the health and social services sector.
Réseau FADOQ welcomes this decision. Already in 2021, we stressed the need to end the healthcare system’s dependence on private agencies. According to the draft regulation, organizations will no longer be able to use the services of an agency throughout Quebec by October 18, 2026.
Nevertheless, Quebec’s largest organization of people aged 50 and over is aware that ending the use of this workforce will require considerable effort in terms of the network’s human resources. It will be necessary to:
- accelerate the decompartmentalization of professions;
- boost student cohorts in healthcare fields;
- develop financial incentives;
- recruit staff internationally
- and improve the upgrading of prior learning and skills.