Here’s what you need to know about the $400 to $600 government payment
The Québec government has announced that it will send a new one-time payment of between $400 and $600 by the end of 2022 to help Quebecers cope with inflation. You don’t have to do anything to get the payment.
All you need to know:
- All Quebecers aged 18 or older as of December 31, 2022, whose individual annual income in 2021 was less than $104,000, and who filed their 2021 income tax return, are eligible.
- If you signed up for direct deposit with Revenu Québec, the amount will be automatically deposited into your account. If not, the cheque will be mailed to you.
- You will get the money before year end in one instalment. Revenu Québec is expected to begin making the payments in late November.
- This payment is tax free.
- If your individual income does not exceed $50,000, you will receive the maximum amount of $600.
- The $600 amount will gradually decrease for individual incomes over $50,000, to $400 at an income of $54,000.
- If your individual income is between $54,000 and $100,000, you will be entitled to $400.
- The $400 amount will gradually decrease after $100,000 to $0 at an income of $104,000 or more.
Taxpayers who have not yet filed their 2021 tax return will have until June 30, 2023, to do so and take advantage of this new measure. They may also be eligible for the first one-time payment of $500, announced last March.